A Patch Editor for the Yamaha RM50 Rhythm Sound ModuleThe RM50 Manager is an easy-to-use, intuitive software patch editor for the Yamaha RM50 Rhythm Sound Module.
It is designed to run on Microsoft Windows and on Linux. Editing of individual Voices (patches), and of Rhythm Kits of the RM50 is supported. The RM50 Manager is actively supported and will occasionally be updated with bug fixes and new features and functionality.
'RM50 Manager' is copyright © 2012-2019 LinuxTECH.NET, all rights reserved, the current version of this program is free for personal use but redistribution is strictly prohibited. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Yamaha is a registered trademark of Yamaha Corporation. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
News and Updates:
To stay informed about the latest updates to the 'RM50 Manager' follow us on Twitter.
If you find the RM50 Manager useful and would like to show your appreciation for the hundreds of hours of work that I have put into it, then you could make a monetary donation using PayPal:
Every donation is greatly appreciated and will encourage me to continue improving the RM50 Manager.
Windows version (current: 1.20) suitable for MS Windows XP (requires SP3), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 and 64 bit
(Due to abuse downloads via Google Proxy are blocked, please disable proxy usage to download)
The native Linux version will be available soon.
(see release notes for list of changes)
Questions and Support:
If you have any questions or suggestions related to the RM50 Manager please post them on the Yamaha Musicians Forum in the thread dedicated to the RM50 Manager here. Alternatively you could also write an email to:
Release Notes and Changelog
Version 1.20 (released 06/Mar/2019)
- added mouse wheel control for sliders and inside pulldown menus
- added audio preview when selecting waves in the voice editor and when selecting voices in the rhythm kit editor
- added quick browsing through PCM waves and voices with the mouse wheel without having to open the pulldown menu
- made the RM50 Manager compatible with 'high DPI' monitors (System DPI Awareness)
- added a 'SOUND' button that replicates the 'SOUND' button on the RM50 front panel
- added MIDI IN support for the Windows version (the Linux version already had MIDI IN support)
- made minor improvements to the layout and looks of the editor
- added menu links to the RM50 Manager website and online documentation (the docs still need writing)
- added a Paypal donation button to the editor to make donations straight-forward
- automatic check for updates at startup, will notify you with a pop-up message when new release is available
(respects your privacy: the only information passed to the server is the RM50 Manager version number, the version of Windows or Linux on which the editor is running, and the screen resolution and dpi settings. Can be disabled by the user if not wanted)